Service Apprentice, Woodstock, IL
Full-Time / Entry Level
In collaboration with the Service Manager, the apprentice services customers on-location, working with them to determine the problem or need, and then works toward a resolution in a safe, prompt, and professional manner. Problems can be related to something mechanical, electronic, network, media, software or customer training needs.
Send inquiries and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works at the direction of the Service Manager and dispatch personnel to support the customer’s needs.
- Provide on-site technical support to our customers for all certified products.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete all required paperwork.
- Maintain accurate field parts inventory.
- Must be punctual every assigned work day.
- Have a thorough understanding of Stan’s service policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Management.
Required Skills Include:
- Ability to organize and schedule time effectively.
- Have Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly in oral communications.
- Ability to learn in multiple teaching settings: self-paced, supervised, group, and conventional classroom training programs to maintain technical skills as mandated by industry standards.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Bring their positive work ethic, punctuality and well groomed, professional appearance, “A” game.
- Excel in building customer relationships and have excellent communication and time-management skills.
- They will be able to stay calm under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
- Be effective at troubleshooting, problem solving, and coordinating solutions with users, and IT staff.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties in accordance with state and federal law.
- Regularly required to stand, pull/push over 50 pounds, lift or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Twist and turn, and talk and/or hear.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder height.
- Bend/stoop/crouch and have repetitive movement.
- Occasionally required to reach above shoulder height, climb, crawl and kneel.
Minimum Required Education And Other Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and computer competent.
- Valid driver's license. This position requires regular driving and maintaining a good driving record.
- Successful background check as defined by Stan’s.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Group medical, dental, vision and life
- Vacation and sick days
- 401(k) plan with match
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stan’s is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.